My Sweet and Twisted Life

“Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.” ~Albert Einstein

Friday, March 31, 2006

My car is a magnet....

I was rear-ended today. Ok, you pervs get your head out of the gutter! Another car hit my car.

Here is what happened...
Lil'babs and I were headed to my mon's house. She lives about 2 1/2 miles from me. We pulled out onto a street and a about half way down I see a black dog in the median. I was in the left lane. I slowed down because I was sure he would head into my lane. He did. I came to a stop and laid on my horn so he would get out of the street. At that moment I heard screeching and looked in my rearview mirror and saw a minivan about to hit me. Not much I could really do at that point. BAM! It was hard. First thing, I look back to check on lil'babs. She starts crying hysterically. I asked her if she is ok and she says she is scared. I told her don't worry mommy is here. I explained what had happened. I got out and asked the lady if she minded if we move to a different rode that does not have so much traffic. She agrees. We exchanged our info. Luckily she is insured. Police came ...didn't do much. Ambulance and fire truck came and left. Lady got back in her van and left. She never apologized. She was more concerned about finding the dog that caused the accident to see if he had tags. SAhe thought the dog caused the accident? How about looking in front of you when you are driving lady? Her insurance adjuster will look at my car tomorrow. When we got to my moms I immediately started the phone calls to get my car taken care of. Lil'babs fell asleep, poor thing. Adjuster will look at my car tomorrow. It is mainly the bumper got pushed in pretty good.

Here's what is weird. A friend of mine got rear-ended last weekend. A black dog was out in the rode ahead of her. A Tahoe didn't see that she stopped and rear-ended her. Although, the Tahoe did some really bad damage to her car. The insurance company totalled it. She went to the doc yesterday and has whiplash. Hers was much worse than mine. Oh and she drove a Grand Am and I drive a Grand Prix. Weird, eh?

To top it all off, I had planned on getting some homework done today...that didn't happen!

~Jeers to the lady who didn't look where she was going and rear-ended me and didn't apologize!
~Cheers - one good thing that has come of this is that I will drive to Houston next weekend in a rental instead of putting the miles on my car!

Here's to praying for a peaceful night's rest.

2 Comments:

At 10:55 AM, Blogger TuxBaby said...

So much for the theory about black cats crossing your path giving you bad luck... maybe it's actually DOGS.

I'm sorry about the wreck, but I'm glad you're all okay! And yeah- usually it's the rear-end hitter that is at fault- even if there is an animal involved. I bet that dog wouldn't have insurance anyway- so cough it up, lady! lol

~TuxB

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger Liz said...

Definitely the other lady's fault. Get rid of Lil Bab's car or booster seat. Car seats of any kind have to be thrown out after being in an accident.

Good luck and I'm glad you're both ok!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home