My Sweet and Twisted Life

“Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.” ~Albert Einstein

Thursday, August 16, 2007

brain overload

I have been in new teacher training all week. First of all when you haven't gotten up at 6am all summer long, it sure is hard!! I am so tired and so drained from all of the info given and a lot of it is very repetitive. I keep telling everyone that info is going in my brain and it is being filed, but the file cabinets are locked and I can't find the key right now. LOL!

I finally got into my room. They are doing construction on our buiding. Part of that construction has caused the entire 2nd grade to move to new (not brand new, just new to us)classrooms. So, my classroom use to be the computer lab. It has a pole right smack dab in the middle of the room that has a drop line in it for the compters. I have been told that eventually it will be removed, but it is unknown when. This tells me that will happen fter school starts. Here are the comments I have received from others regarding the pole:

Pole dancing is good exercise.

You could use it to raise money for the PTA.

It seems fitting that you were the one to get the room with the pole.
Where's the strobe light?

You could use your abilities from your Carmen Electra's Striptease Aerobic video with that pole.

Needless to say it has been pretty funny.
I have no idea how I am going to get my room ready in time for meet the teacher night which is one week from today. And school starts on the 27th, ugh! A little anxiety is going on here. I work well under pressure, but this is a lot of pressure. Thank goodness a smile goes a long way.

I thought I would take some before pics of my room:

This is the view from the door looking in.
See what I mean about the pole being right in the middle of the room?

















This is the view from my desk looking at the door.
















Here is my pole and me :)


If you can't laugh at yourself who can you laugh at?

5 Comments:

At 1:00 PM, Blogger Woman atop her Soapbox said...

Use the pole to divide the room into quadrants so you can team up kids.

You can also use the pole as a compass and mark it N/S/E/W.

Or decorate it like a candy cane at Christmas!

~TG

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger snowelf said...

Tg, you have the best ideas!!

Babs--That is SOOO funny! I love it!!
And how exciting for you!!

--snow

 
At 9:53 PM, Blogger TuxBaby said...

That IS too funny that you have a pole in your classroom! But good thing it isn't a round pole- just so we all know you'll be a good girl...

Have fun with your very OWN KIDS in your very OWN CLASS!!! Congratulations!

~TuxB

 
At 7:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

[B]NZBsRus.com[/B]
Lose Sluggish Downloads Using NZB Files You Can Instantly Search High Quality Movies, Console Games, Music, Software & Download Them @ Dashing Speeds

[URL=http://www.nzbsrus.com][B]Usenet Search[/B][/URL]

 
At 11:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Making money on the internet is easy in the hush-hush world of [URL=http://www.www.blackhatmoneymaker.com]blackhat seo world[/URL], You are far from alone if you don't know what blackhat is. Blackhat marketing uses little-known or not-so-known ways to generate an income online.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home