My Sweet and Twisted Life

“Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.” ~Albert Einstein

Sunday, November 05, 2006

It's been a while....

are you still checking out my blog? Sorry I haven't been here. I have been so busy. There just are not enough hours in the day to get done what I want to get done.

I have been fighting with allergies since the end of Sept. They are finally starting to go away. Now Lil'babs has them. Ugh, I hate Texas in the fall.

I finished student teaching Kindergarten a week ago Friday. I miss those little boogers so much. I really got attached. I even cried that day. Man what am I gonna do when i have my own class for a whole year? I started student teaching in 2nd grade last Mon. I will be in there until mid Dec. Man are those kids so much bigger than the kinders!! It should be interesting.

I have just updated my resume and will be submitting applications this week to a few of the school districts in the area. Right now I would just be thilled to get a teaching job. There is not much hiring going on during this part of the year. I can always sub, but the pay sucks and I could really use a salary and insurance.

Still waiting on the results from my state test. I was suppose to receive them Friday by email, but I didn't get them. Hope to hear something soon.

Lil'babs has been getting into trouble at school. She talks too much. I wonder where she gets that from? She also has had an attitude at home. We are working on her attitude adjustment. Also, big kuddos to her...she has slept in her bed all night long for the past 5 nights!! I've allowed her to come in my room in the past and she slept on the floor on a sleeping bag. But she always woke me up. I finally told her she is a big girl and doesn't need to be doing that anymore. Guess I just had to put my foot down, hasn't been a strugle at all.

Dancer and I have been dating for a little over 5 months now. We spend a lot of time together and I am just thrilled with our relationship. We fit together like 2 peas in a pod!! I thoroughly enjoy every minute with him. Also, we are headed to Vegas in January. A really good friend of mine is getting married, so we are going for that. It will be for 4 fun days and 3 crazy nights! Can't wait!

2 Comments:

At 2:18 AM, Blogger Woman atop her Soapbox said...

Yes, I check your blog. Glad you are busy and doing well.

Currently home schooling Son this week for being suspended so I understand school troubles and attitude.

Glad you and Dancer are doing well. Keep the details coming!

~TG

 
At 6:34 PM, Blogger Liz said...

Spirit talks to much in school too. Our kids are so alike. We really have to get them together some time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home