My Sweet and Twisted Life

“Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.” ~Albert Einstein

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Surprise! I'm still here....

Believe it or not I am still here. I don't know if anyone will read it or not since it has been so long since I last posted. Updates.....

I graduated in December with my teaching degree!! I tutored reading the spring semester. I got a 2nd grade position for next year with the school I wanted. Yipiee!

Wedding plans are pretty much done. The big day is in 10 days. We are getting married on the beach on Coronado Island, just off of San Diego. Honeymoon will be in Maui.

Bought a house 6 weeks ago. We have spent that time painting and putting in new floors etc. We are moving in this week. The house is two blocks from the school that I will be teaching.

Some of you may have known that my dad has been fighting cancer for the past 2 years. He lost that battle June 2nd. It was a rough ending for him. I don't wish that upon anyone. He is at peace now.

So, as you can see I am at my stress limit. Wedding, new house, new job and a death in the family...no more stress please. LOL.

Hope everyone is doing well. I hope to be checking blogs soon.
~Babs

6 Comments:

At 6:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad to see you back again babs!! Congrats on the house, the wedding and "congrads" on graduating!!

Keep up the posts!

 
At 9:49 PM, Blogger Liz said...

I still check every so often in the hopes that you'd still be here! I'm so sorry about your dad. Huge hugs to you and your family.

And congrats on the wedding and the teaching!! I'm know by now you're enjoying your honeymoon. I'm SO happy for you!

 
At 10:12 PM, Blogger TuxBaby said...

Wow things moved fast! I guess it seemed that way when the last entry was the engagement! lol ;-)

Sorry about your Dad. ((((((((((hugs)))))))))))) because I know all about that. My mom passed away May 10 from her cancer battle too. I hear ya on the stress level with losing a parent.

Congrats on the wedding though! Sorry I didn't catch your blog entry until it was already done- but congrats, and I hope your honeymoon is great!

You BETTER post some pictures... or at least email some!

~TuxBaby

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger katehopeeden said...

I'm all like Yay! Oh WOW! OMG! & I'm sooo sorry!
All in the same post!
:)
Sending hugs for your dad and woohooos for the rest :)
Missed ya girly!
~K

 
At 9:15 PM, Blogger Tinker Belle said...

Oh Babs. So many things happening at once. Yes, indeed, enough stress!

I am so sorry to hear of your father's death, and that his last days were not easy ones. My heart goes out to you for these rough, rough times.

I'm also very excited for you for all the new beginnings... new house, new marriage, new job! It's wonderful that you're doing so well!

Wishing you, Fiancé, and Lil' Babs all the best!!

~m~

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger snowelf said...

Whoa...I'm late! But welcome back Babs!!

Huge hugs to you--for EVERYTHING, the good and the not so good.

I'm looking forward to being one of your loyal readers again. :)

love ya!!
--snow

 

Post a Comment

<< Home