My Sweet and Twisted Life

“Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.” ~Albert Einstein

Friday, September 29, 2006

Rough Week/Gripe Session

Rough Week

It has been one long week. Monday my throat was scratchy. I had to teach all day while mymentor teacher pulled kids out for testing. By the end of the day I was feeling bad and my voice was cracking. Woke up Tuesday morning and had to call in sick (hazards of being a teacher). Major conjestion, sore throat and sinus pressure. Spent the day on the couch napping. Wednesday went back to school and taught all day again while mentor teacher pulled out the rest of the kids for testing. 42 students in all. I barely had a voice on Wed. or Thurs. Stayed up late Wed. night doing homework. Thursday was a busy day at school. We had a nursery rhyme parade. Kids were wild and crazy all day. Today I had to sub 1/2 day for another class so that teacher could finish her testing. This class is a very difficult class. The teacher even warned me. Then I went back to my class and taught while my techer did testing for report cards. Tonight I get to work on next weeks lesson plans. Tomorrow Lil'babs has an 8am soccer game, ugh...no sleeping in. So I am tired and still trying to feel better. Been coughing a lot today and still not much of a voice.

Gripe session
criticize -dictionary.com's definition -
1. to censure or find fault with.
2. to judge or discuss the merits and faults of: to criticize three novels in one review. –verb (used without object)
3. to find fault; judge unfavorably or harshly.
4. to make judgments as to merits and faults.

I was surprised that I didn't find a picture of my mom next to the definition. My mom criticizes a lot. And not just with me. Most of the time I just let it roll off my shoulders. When I am stressed out, then it bothers me. Tonight it bothered me. I came home and thought about what she said too much. Then I over analyzed, then I got upset. I literally started crying and shoving chocolate donuts in my mouth for comfort. Then I got mad at myself for letting it bother me. I think I am just tired and stressed out so it bothered me more tonight. And sometimes I just get tired of hearing it. I have tried to talk to her about it in the past, but it just blew up in my face. So, I don't try anymore. It is nice to live close to my mom (2miles), but on days like today I wish I lived futher away. Maybe I spend too much time around her.

I just got a phone call from Dancer while I was typing. I had txted him earlier that I was upset. After talking to him I feel much better. He is the sweetest thing ever. I love him so much!

3 Comments:

At 8:40 PM, Blogger Liz said...

We have the same mother. I am very shortly going to do a blog post about mine. I've been planning it all weekend while she was here visiting. Hugs to you. I hope next week is better. We'll compare moms after you see my post, lol.

 
At 10:11 PM, Blogger ~Babs said...

We have so much in common!

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger snowelf said...

As I mentioned to Liz on her blog: Add my mom to the list.

She is being a total bear lately.

Hopefully the world of crabby mothers will re-align soon.

Hugs!! And I hope you are feeling better!

--snow

 

Post a Comment

<< Home