My Sweet and Twisted Life

“Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.” ~Albert Einstein

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Exhausted

I am just down right exhausted. The first week of school went great. I have 21 wonderful kiddos. I arrived most mornings around 7:15am and left between 5:30 and 6pm. It makes for a very long day. I am still adjusting to waking up that early and going to bed earlier than I would like. We have parent orientation this Thursday. It scares me more than the first day of school. I just have no idea what they will ask me or what they will be like. We did a meet and greet on the "meet the teacher" night, but the orientation is a little more informative and I'm sure they will be shooting questions at me that I won't know the answer to.

Also, last weekend we flew to San Jose for a wedding. The best man in our wedding got married and Dancer was his best man. It was a quick trip and we didn't get to see any sights :( Probably another reason why I am so tired.

Lil'Babs is doing well since her first day in 1st grade. She likes her teacher. She should since I got to hand pick her out of 8 1st grade teachers.

I will post pics of my decorated/organized classroom soon.

~off to bed.....

2 Comments:

At 11:46 PM, Blogger Tinker Belle said...

Yaye! I'm so happy your first week went well! I hope you have 21 angels with no monsters among them. ;-)

One idea for a parent question you can't answer... Say it's really early yet, and you're still getting a feel for your students and what their needs are. Then turn it around and ask what they think for their child. That should work! Hehehe

Hope you can get some rest. You're working long hours! (They don't pay you enough!)
:-D

~Tinks

 
At 3:27 AM, Blogger snowelf said...

Hey ya Babs!

Congrats on your first week *and a half* ;) of school!! We are all having the same "Getting back in the swing of things" exhaustion around here too.

I love Tinks advice about the parents meeting.

:)
--snow

 

Post a Comment

<< Home