My Sweet and Twisted Life

“Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.” ~Albert Einstein

Friday, April 07, 2006

my longest post so far.....

Oh man, have I been sick!

It started Mon. at around 2:30 (I know this because I looked at my watch). I had a strange headache. Not my normal -I've been sitting at the computer too long- headache. I was headed into class and was begging anyone for an Advil. My friend J came thru for me!! I figured I'd be better in 30 min. Not the case! On the way home I felt a lump in my throat. Uh oh. I grabbed a chocolate shake cuz ya know ice cream makes everything better! If I felt worse after ice cream then I know it is gonna be bad. It was! I woke up Tuesday morning and I felt like hammered shit! That's pretty bad! I took my kid to school and immediately called my friend K to the rescue. Now K is my best friend. I'll tell you straight up she is the bestest of friends. The kind that would do anything for ya. She came thru for me. I love you for it!! I never needed anyone as bad as I needed her that day. She came by and picked up Lil'babs after school and kept her all day for me. A round trip drive for her to do that is 1 hour! She is awesome!

Now I don't have health insurance because I am a broke student. So I need to find a cheap doctor. A friend of mine referred a doctor and he only charged me $35. Not bad! During the visit I was running a 102 temp. You know the paper sheet they put across the bed like thing that you sit on? I was so hot that it got all wet. (ok get your head out of the gutter) I had chills, aches, sore throat. I basically hurt all over. He said I had flu like symptoms and prescribed antibiotics and pain killer. Gotta love the pain killer! I went home and went to bed. My lovely mom picked up Lil'babs and took her to her soccer game and let her spend the night. She took her to school the next day and picked her up and kept her all that day. Lil'babs came home Wed. night. I felt almost as bad Wed. as I did Tues except I had no pain. Told you, gotta love the pain killer!

I missed a big day at school Wed. I'll be paying for it this weekend!! I have homework coming out of my ears! Thurs I was considerably better. It has moved to a head cold. Today I have a lot of congestion and Nyquil is my best friend. I can actually function today and had my first outing all week to Wally World.

One good thing is that I haven't eaten much all week. Mainly soup and chocolate shakes. Nothing tastes good at all. Hey, maybe I have lost a pound or two? Not a diet I care to do again.

One bad thing is I am going to miss a "single girls" weekend in Houston!! And The Girl's wedding. I was so looking forward to getting out of town, getting a break from school, spending time with friends and watching two of them get married!!! Instead, I will be doing homework. What a rip off!

Well wish me luck tomorrow. I am taking the state PPR (Pedagogy and Professional Responsibilities) test. It costs $82!! I better pass it! It is one of 2 state tests that I need to pass in order to receive my teaching certificate. It starts at 7:30 in the morning, ugh! It will take me about 40 min to get there. I better go to bed early. I am very nervous!! I need some good sleep and a less clogged head!

I think this catches me up for the week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home