My Sweet and Twisted Life

“Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.” ~Albert Einstein

Monday, June 05, 2006

Is he stalking me?

It all happened in 1995. I was a leasing agent for an apartment complex (although we were not allowed to call it a complex, it was a community). I also lived in an apartment there on the second floor with my soon to be husband. The complex was divided by a city street. A 1/4 of it was on one side and ¾ of it on the other. We lived on the larger side.

I am a friendly, helpful person by nature, and this is partially a customer service job. Frequently the tenants of the apartment came by to chat. There was one guy, we’ll call him John, that lived on the smaller side. We always chatted when he dropped off the rent. The office I worked in was on the larger side and has a workout room and dry sauna connected to the backside.

One fine Sunday afternoon when I was at work, John came by for a visit. (His stats: mid 40’s and ugly, that about sums it up.) He said he has been living there for awhile and decided to give the dry sauna a try. He wanted to know how to get to it after office hours and how to work it. So I showed him how to get to the backside of the office and how to adjust the sauna knobs. That was that. The following 2 Sundays he came by again and chatted for about a ½ hour. I guess he found out that I worked alone on Sundays and my traffic for business was slow. I figured since he lived by himself, that he was lonely and didn’t have anyone to talk to. My young (21) innocent, naive mind thought: What’s the harm in that?

more to come.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home