My Sweet and Twisted Life

“Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.” ~Albert Einstein

Saturday, September 09, 2006

exhausted

This last week has been amazing and exhausting! I started student teaching last Tuesday. First of all I am not use to getting up at 6:45am everyday. I am a night owl so this is very difficult for me. Thank you to Dancer who now has me hooked on coffee (I didn't drink it before I met him). Coffee helps me thru the morning. My mentor teacher (mt) is awesome. She has taught kindergarten for many years. My school district has half daykindergarten, so we have the am kids from 8:30 to 11:30 and the pm kids from 12:30 to 3:30. I am there from 8-4pm. I go to bed around 11:30 so I have been very tired all week. My MT is usually there from 8-6 and some on the weekends. All of you that have kids in school, go hug and thank their teachers. It is a very time consuming job that doesn't pay hourly or overtime. The teachers that I am working with really are involved and care about the education of these children.

So, I have learned the names of 42 students already and starting Monday I will be teaching the math lessons for the week! I am very nervous. The lesson for Monday looks great on paper, but getting it out of me and into the kids will be the hard part.

On top of doing lesson plans for math, I am doing homework for my Mon. night class, Lil'Babs has soccer practice, games, piano lessons and soon Girl Scouts and squeezing Dancer in as much as I can. We are busy!

It was nice to get out last night and let my hair down. Dancer and I went to a dance studio in Dallas that had a dance last night. Let's see if I know the names of the dances I did last night... Salsa, Merengue, Fox Trot, Tango, East Coast Swing, West Coast Swing, Cha-Cha, Waltz, and Rumba. I know the basic steps to these dances, so I can follow fairly well when lead (or as Dancer's dance instructor calls it "faking it", lol!)

Tonight Dancer and I are headed downtown to eat and go to the comedy club with another couple.

Ok, so I am the biggest procrastinator when it comes to homework, so I gotta go get'er done!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home