My Sweet and Twisted Life

“Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.” ~Albert Einstein

Thursday, June 05, 2008

What a whirlwind

The last couple of weeks have been crazy. The kiddos at school were acting like monkeys. Teachers had testing to wrap up and check out lists to complete. The last week of school was fun. We did things like bubble day, game day, kickball, art and math day and we even had a business day. The kids had to create a businees and sell a product to other consumers (2nd grade classes). They enjoyed learning about the economy process and really enjoyed the outcome. We had classes selling popcorn, lemonade, bookmarks,chex mix, cookies and milk. A week before the kiddos earned fake money with good behavior and expectations. They would also loose money if they had to pay me for my services of reminding them to be quiet or follow directions, hehehe, it worked great! School finally let out June 3rd.



Two weeks ago I was asked to move to Kindergarten! Two new classes were opening and they needed someone who knew the Kinder staff and had experience down there. I told them if this was last year I would be all over it. I love Kinder, but I now love 2nd grade more. 2nd grade is where my heart is. If I went to Kinder it would be like starting all over again. I asked my principal if it was a sure thing and she made it sound like I didn't have a choice. She said she would let me know for sure by the end of that week. I cried. I was so stressed out. My second grade team was unhappy. The kindergarten staff took me out for lunch. They are all so great. I would enjoy working with them. I told them it was nothing against them, but I really wanted to stay in 2nd grade. I think a lot of people were talking. I went to the principal and told her that if I had a choice and if I have any say in the decisions within the school ( I wasn't the only one getting moved around) I told her that I want to stay in 2nd. I told her that I understood that she needed to make changes and that I was honored that she thought I would do great in Kinder, but 2nd is where I wanted to be. Friday morning came and I was the first person she spoke to and she told me I was staying in 2nd. I was so happy I cried again!! hahahaha

One of our second grade teachers has decided to become a librarian at a new school. She had a room with a window. My room does not have a window. I requested her room and got it. So, for the last 2 days I have been moving out of my room into a new room. It is amazing how much I accumulated in just 1 year of teaching!

Today in about 20 minutes I am headed to the dentist. I am having my wisdom teeth pulled, all four of them. Its not that I don't have room for them. I have grown very fond of them since I have had them for 17 years now. I ended up with a cavity in one. It got filled but the nerve never recovered. It has hurt for awhile and the dentist suggested since I don't really need that tooth, to just take it out rather than trying a root canal. He also said if I am going to go through the pain of having 1 removed, I might as well do them all because eventually it is highly likely the same thing will happen to the others and I would be back later doing the same thing. So I am sitting here waiting for the appointment. I have not eaten because they said not to. I am starving at the moment. I am also very nervous. I will be taking a pill that will provide conscious sedation. Ever heard of it? I have never heard of it, but it is suppose to work great. They say it makes you loopy. I asked what happens if you are already loopy? ha! My darling husband is gonna take care of me when I'm done. I love that about him. I can depend on him for things like this. I don't think I could depend on my ex for anything but trouble.

Anyways I got to go. Next time I log I will have 4 less teeth :( Wish me luck.

2 Comments:

At 4:18 PM, Blogger TuxBaby said...

Yay for staying in 2nd grade, and getting a room with a view!!!

How is the wisdom teeth recovery coming? I'm surprised my dentist hasn't told me to get rid of all mine... there's not enough room for them, but maybe because they don't hurt, no one's trying to take them.

So wisdom teeth are gone now... do you feel less uh- smart? ;-)

~TuxB

 
At 9:28 AM, Blogger ~Babs said...

I miss them! I apparently chew back there quite often. It is just weird having them for 17 years and now they are gone :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home