My Sweet and Twisted Life

“Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.” ~Albert Einstein

Monday, June 19, 2006

I have a keeper!

Ok it is past 10:30 pm. I have not done my 3 page assignment that is due tomorrow, yet. Instead, I am writing in my blog. What other things can I do to procrastinate just a little bit longer?

Annnnyyyyways... I think Dancer is a keeper. This is why. I am planning a trip to my dads house in July. The drive is approximately 11 hours. With a 5 year old who has never been on a rode trip lasting longer than 3 hours, it may take us 12 or 13 hours to get there. Originally the plan was my stepdad was gonna drive with us up there and drop us off at my dad's house and then he would procede on to his moms house about 3 hours away. He would then come back and pick us up and we would all drive home together. Well, due to unforseen circumstances (my brother is always ruining everything) my stepdad can't go. I found this out yesterday. Which leaves me and lil'babs to do the trek alone. The only problem I have is how to keep Lil'babs occupied for 12 hours by myself? My mom, stepdad, dad and dancer were all worried about us travelling alone for that distance.

The good news is I found 2 roundtrip tickets to a city only 2 hours away from my dads house for only $228 total for both tickets!!!! The cost of tickets are cheaper than what I would pay in gas. My dad will drive down and pick us up.

Ok, back to the reason Dancer is a keeper. I told him tonight that I found tickets and that Lil'babs and I won't have to drive after all. He told me he had decided after I told him yesterday that we were driving by ourselves to my dads, that he was gonna drive up there with us and fly back home and then fly back up and drive back with us! My jaw dropped to the floor. I can't believe he would be willing to do that for us! My own parents, who didn't like the idea of us driving because of the safety issue, didn't even offer anything like that. I am just in awe.

3 Comments:

At 9:28 AM, Blogger Woman atop her Soapbox said...

Um... yeah. Definitely a keeper. What a sweetheart to offer that and plan that!

Now totally enjoy the infatuation stage, but make no life changing decisions while in that stage.

And give us more details!

By the way, I like your hair cut short.

~TG

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger ~Babs said...

Thank you for the hair cut comment.

I am enjoying the infactuation stage. And believe me, I will not make any life changing decisions. I have that BTDT tshirt and will not repeat that mistake. Although had I not made the mistake I would not have Lil'babs! So I won't say I would have changed things if I could.

ALSO, he saw my 5 Love languages book on my shelf. He went out and bought it and is reading it on his vacation!!!!

 
At 11:31 PM, Blogger snowelf said...

Babs, guys who read relationship books because they Want To are always keepers. Yay!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home