My Sweet and Twisted Life

“Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.” ~Albert Einstein

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

the second half of the story....

(the first half is below this post)
The following week was Thanksgiving. We spent Thanksgiving at my parent’s house. We were there pretty much all day. We arrived home around 10 pm. We had an answering machine with several messages on it. (Our answering machine refers to both boyfriend and I living there). He pushes the button. Some guy (I didn’t know it at the time, but it was John) left a message saying “Babs, you didn’t tell me you had a boyfriend”. My boyfriend was like “Who was that?” I said “ I have no idea”. The next message is the same voice “Why did you invite me over, but didn’t tell me you had a boyfriend?”. Now my boyfriend is getting a little pissed off because he thinks I am seeing someone and I am pissed because I don’t know who it is. Then the phone rings. Boyfriend answers it. The guy says “so you’re the boyfriend?” Boyfriend says”who is this?” He says “ask her”. So he asks me. I grab the phone and say “who is this?” He says "come on you know who this is” I say “Uh, no I don’t” He says “Why did you invite me over when you have a boyfriend?” I say “who is this?” He says “You know who this is”. Me- “ I don’t know who you are and I did not invite you over!” I hung up. I proceeded to tell boyfriend that it is some psycho or someone that has the wrong number because he is looking at me like I cheated on him or something. The weirdo calls back. Boyfriend answers and cusses him out and hangs up. He didn’t call back, but…..

About thirty minutes later while boyfriend and I are watching TV, we see out the blinds from our second floor apartment a cop driving by slowly with his spotlight checking out some cars. Boyfriend and I see this cop get out of his car and look into both my and his car with the flashlight. Boyfriends runs to back bedroom and tells me to tell him he’s not here (I find out after we are married why he did that, but that is a whole other story). The cop knocks on the door. I answer. He says “is everything alright?” I said “yes, why?” He said “someone called in and said that he was talking on the phone with you and heard you and boyfriend yelling and he was afraid for my safety.” I told the cop that that was not true that I have been receiving calls from that guy and he was harassing us. I asked for the guys name and he told me John. It didn’t ring a bell that night. I had no idea who the John was that called me and the cops. I was getting scared.

The two days later at work I was registering the rent that had come in. Guess who’s name pops up on my rent roll. Yup, John. And it clicks. He was the John that had called. The John that had been chatting with me the last couple of Sundays. He was psycho. Now I was really scared. I told my co-worker. She pulled his number and called him pretending to be a cop (I am sure it is an illegal offense to do so, but we didn’t care at the time). She told him that they new what he was up to and according to his previous record he better not contact me again or he will be put away again. She said he sounded scared and apologetic. Luckily I didn’t see him for the next month. In January I got a new job and apartment at another apartment complex and hightailed my butt outta there! I didn’t want to wait around to see what would happen if I had stayed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home