My Sweet and Twisted Life

“Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.” ~Albert Einstein

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

another quickie....

Get your head out of the gutter! I am stopping in for an update and then I am gone again.

I want to start off by saying I fucking hate it when I just put 3 layers of nail polish on my toes and then I go scrape it up against something and it smears!!!! That just happened as I sat down to the computer. Ok, now that I got that out...

The Iowa trip was a blast. It was a good thing we went when we did because my dad has run into some more health issues. He has a blocked kidney. Long story short he has a stint in it now to keep it open and has an appointment at the end of the month in Omaha to have a laser take care of the blockage. He is in pain right now and is taking pain medication which is making him sick.

The beach trip was a blast. It was fun meeting up with Kate and Tuxbaby and their kiddos. Lil'babs loved playing with the older girls. By the way Kate, I think we ended up with one of your girl's tshirts in our suitcase if you were looking for it. It has the pink panther on it. Also, what Kate forgot to mention in her blog is that when I arrived she was practically burning down the condo!!! LOL!!! I could smell the smoke and hear the smoke detector outside and I was thinking, I hope that isn't our place. It was. No seriously, it was just the nuggets were a little low in the oven and were burning. But it made a very impressing arrival....hahahaha!! The dinner turned out great, thank you Kate! We all had fun in the waves and playing in the sand. A definite vacation spot for next year!

After I arrived home I spent the entire week pretty much with Dancer and studying for my qualifying test that happened last Sat. I found out today that I passed. I was so nervous because they said I couldn't student teach this fall if I didn't pass. Passing is an 80 and I made an 81. Whew!!

Life with Dancer has been awesome! We are headed to Cancun on Thursday for 5 days. I am so excited. We are staying at an all inclusive resort, which to me is the only way to go. We hope to see some sites if we ever make it out of the room (wink wink)!!

Tomorrow is a big day for Lil'babs. She starts her first day of kindergarten! She met her teacher Monday night. She had a hard time going to sleep tonight because she is so excited.

So, that quickly sums up my life for the past 2 weeks. I won't be back to the blog until sometime mid week next week. Take Care!!

2 Comments:

At 11:43 PM, Blogger snowelf said...

Have fun Babs!! And kick ass about your test!! Whoo!! That big stress fest is over--you can relax in Cancun completely now!!

(I bet Kate was keeping that a secret---hee hee...)

 
At 10:37 PM, Blogger katehopeeden said...

Kate doesn't remember burning ANYTHING :P
hehehe
~K

 

Post a Comment

<< Home