My Sweet and Twisted Life

“Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.” ~Albert Einstein

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Hola!

Ok so the basic spanish words needed in Cancun (please excuse any misspellings) are Donde el bano? (where is the bathroom) and Mucho cervaza por favor (more beer please). hahaha

We left early (had to be at the airport at 5am early) last Thursday. For those of you that remember, that was the high terror alert day with the goings on in GB. We get to the airport and have to take out all liquids and gels from our carry on and repack into our suitcase. Well just about everything in my carryon was liquid, cuz who wants to pack liquids in their suitcase and find them busted all over your clothes when you get to your destination? It was a pain, but what can ya do? The news teams were hitting it early. They approached me wanting to interview me and I pointed at Dancer and said interview him. So they asked him his name and where we were headed and what we thought and did we still plan on going with the high alert. He was so cute and serious about it. She tried to turn to me and interview me again, but I got nervous and said no. Annnnyywaays.... we arrived at our resort by noon. It was great because we spent the rest of the day on the beach. We went on a tour the next day and poor Dancer started in with a sinus cold. We went to town on Sat. to do some shopping. Dancer bought me some gorgeous jewelry. He spoils me! :) I ended up with a stomach bug and had to cut shopping short. We enjoyed the beach again on Sun and also parasailed. That was a blast! It is so beautiful looking down on the turquoise water. The water was so clear that when we were coming back down we saw a sting ray swimming. The food at the resort was so good. I ate way to much!! The room was nice. We were on the third (top) floor back in a corner so it was nice and private. We spent a lot of time in our room ;) It was a spectacular trip.

What's weird is that Dancer and I were together almost every minute of the trip. Not once did I tire of him. It is like I can't get enough of that man! He is so attentive and so caring. It is the weirdest feeling. I never thought I could feel this way about someone. It is the best feeling to really connect with him. We share a similar past history with our exes. We have the same morals and ideas of what kind of qualities a significant other should have. We compliment each other so well.

Moving on....
Today Dancer and I had a dance lesson together at the studio he attends. It was so much fun! Last time I had a single lesson and learned the west coast swing. Today we worked on doing that dance together and we worked on the rumba. I can't wait to learn more moves.

Next week we are flying off to San Diego for 4 days. After that I will be vacationed out! 4 in one summer! Like that will ever happen again! I start my evening class and student teaching in 2 weeks! Wow! Summer really flew!

3 Comments:

At 11:34 AM, Blogger ~Babs said...

Thank you! It has been a fun and crazy summer! Glad to hear from you!

 
At 11:48 AM, Blogger snowelf said...

Have fun with your teaching Babs! I know you'll do great. :)
I think this summer went by in the blink of an eye...

 
At 6:34 PM, Blogger TuxBaby said...

I'm glad you had a great time, and that "surviving" a trip together wasn't a nightmare, but rather a dream! Yay for you guys, Babs!!!

I'm a bit vacationed-out myself... but I'm not ready to get back to the work/school routine yet! I'm just wanting to STAY HOME and veg!!

Have fun in San Diego, too!

~TuxB

 

Post a Comment

<< Home