My Sweet and Twisted Life

“Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.” ~Albert Einstein

Friday, May 12, 2006

AARRRGGGHHHH!!!

I am so upset!

My Maymester class got cancelled. The class got cancelled because not enough people signed up for it. This is a big deal since it is not offered at all this summer and I student teach in the fall. We are not allowed to take any classes during student teaching.

I was told that I can request special permission to take this class in the fall. Great, but here is what makes me mad.

1. The reason they don't want us taking classes while student teaching is because student teaching is like having a full time job with homework. You teach all day and then go home and make lesson plans for the next day or several days, grade papers etc. I don't want to have to worry about a class and it's homework, reading and study time that is required while trying to take care of my student teaching requirements.

2. They offer the class that I need on Mon nights from 5-7:50, in the fall. Here is the problem. It is at a totally different campus, in a totally different direction and I will have to fight traffic to get there at 5pm. (I'm thinking it will take me 1 1/2 hours vs. the 40 min it takes to get to my home campus).

3. Because it is at 5pm and I have to fight traffic, I will have to leave at 3:30 which is when the school I'll be teaching at will let out. When will I see my own kid?

Yes, it is only once a week, but I was suppose to have it in Maymester for 13 days and be done with it. And be totally done with classes by July 7th.

I just don't want to deal with this!!! I am more stressed out now than I have been the whole semester from hell that i just finished. I cried earlier, than I became irate, now I am at the point where I just need something to drink AND I HAVE NOTHING HERE TO DRINK!!!!! Do you know how frustrating that is? It is so hard being a single mom because when your kid goes to sleep you can't just run to the store for something. I do have a bottle of buttershots that I like in the winter to have with my hot chocolate. but I don't want a shot. I want to nurse something. Like a cosmo or Malibu rum and pineapple, I'd even settle for some Arbor Mist. I quit smoking last year (except on my birthday) BUT I sure could use one of those right now, too. Where is the alcohol and cig delivery service when you need one. Sure they deliver pizza, chinese, and hell they even deliver prescriptions ( I could use some of those, too) Why can't they deliver alcohol and stogies? I'd be willing to tip 'em big for that!

Maybe I just need to go to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home