My Sweet and Twisted Life

“Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.” ~Albert Einstein

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

My own personal lotto winnings.

The following is one of the reasons I named my blog the name it has....

Long story, long....
Many moons ago when I was in junior high I received a huge ass dictionary for Christmas. I am talking HUGE! I guess my mom thought I would need a huge ass dictionary when I got to high school, or something like that. It was the only time I have ever asked for a receipt so that i could return something, but she wouldn't give it to me. Anyhoo, moving on with the story.... I am a saver not a spender. I have a habit of putting cash up in weird places throughout my house. I've done this since I was 12. I stock pile cash for Christmas or vacation or new tires etc. Well once in awhile I forget where I put the money or I forget about it all together. This time I hit the jackpot!

Dancer and daughter were playing Scrabble the other day. They asked how to spell a word. Guess what I told them. I have this really huge (I left ass out on account of the daughter) dictionary. Lemme go get it for you. A few minutes later the daughter says "we just found $5 in your dictionary". I told them it didn't surprise me since I have that habit. We all laughed about it and went on our merry way. The next day Lil'babs saw the huge dictionary on the table while I was cooking dinner. She said "mom, what's this?" I told her that it was a huge dictionary and proceeded to explain what it is used for. I told her feel free to look through it. When she was flipping through the pages she found some money. "Look mom, there is money in here!" So, I am thinking another $5 or 10, right?! We flipped through the pages and even held the book upside down and shook it. I ended up with $345!!!! Yee Haw!!! I have no idea when I put the money in there or that I even put that much up and forgot about it! I am so jazzed because I haven't worked in over 5 years and I start student teaching in the fall, so I now have clothes shopping money!! Maybe I'll even go buy a lotto ticket.

On another note...
I head out to San Diego tomorrow with Dancer. I can't wait to get away from this heat of 100+ temps and go have fun in the sun at around 75 degrees instead. Dancer is sick today, even running a fever. He went to the doc for some drugs. Sure hope he feels better tomorrow. Will post again when I get back!

3 Comments:

At 7:30 AM, Blogger Woman atop her Soapbox said...

That is so awesome! Kind of like finding a $20 in your coat pocket because you haven't worn that coat since the previous winter.

Enjoy your time in Cali. I love San Diego! Go up to the Jesus statue on top of the hill. It's a beautiful view up there.

~TG

 
At 5:17 PM, Blogger snowelf said...

That totally kicks "ass" Babs. :)
Want me to shop for you?!? I know how much you hate it. ;)

 
At 4:45 PM, Blogger TuxBaby said...

How funny- another thing we have in common! I stash money also. I remember one time after my divorce and move, I went through a box in a drawer and found a bankbook case with $300 in it!! I had totally forgotten about it, and can't even recall how long it must've been in there. But it was great timing! Congrats on your surpriing windfall! And have FUN in San Diego!

~TuxB

 

Post a Comment

<< Home