My Sweet and Twisted Life

“Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.” ~Albert Einstein

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Mother's Day

My daughter woke me up this morning with her beaming smile and a great big hug "Happy Mother's Day " she says in her sweet voice. What a way to wake up. With the love of your life hugging you. That is what lil'babs is, the love of my life. It is weird to think of how it was before she came along, and I could never imagine my future without her.

I needed today. I was so depressed yesterday. After being so pissed off Friday night, it turned Saturday into depression. Today has brought everything back into perspective. What is my main goal right now? To finish school and graduate. It doesn't matter how I get there as long as I get there. My motto "just do it and get it over with so you can move on". So I surprisingly have a 3 week vacation before my summer classes start. What a great time to work out on the treadmill and work off some of this fat so I can go try on swimsuits. Goal: lose 5 lbs in 3 weeks, and 10 in 6 weeks. I'd really love to join a gym, but I don't have the money. The treadmill and weights at home are gonna have to do.

Back to today. So, Lil'babs made me breakfast in bed (cereal). I opened the present her dad(and his girlfriend) bought for her to give to me. Some nice bubble bath, candle and a nice pajama set. This was the nicest gift (doesn't happen every year so big kuddos for this year). Anyways, Lil'babs and I took my mom and stepdad out to Olive Garden for lunch. We came back to their house and spent the afternoon by the pool. It was a great day. Very relaxing.

This is the first Mothers Day for a couple of people I know that will not be celebrating with their own mothers for the first time. I can't imagine what that feels like. My girlfriend lost her mother last summer. I called her and left a message. She text me back, I don't think she was in a talking mood. Understandable. In addition, my cousin lost his wife in February. His 12 year old daughter did not have her mother with her today. I hope to call them tomorrow. He is a preacher, so today is his busiest work day.

Happy Mothers's Day to you moms out there! Big hugs and prayers to those who have lost a mom or child and are just trying to make it through the day!

1 Comments:

At 12:18 PM, Blogger ~Babs said...

Well thank you mysterious person for the nice imput. Care to reveal yourself?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home