My Sweet and Twisted Life

“Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.” ~Albert Einstein

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

On vacation, but in need of a vacation....

Surprisingly last Friday I found out that my class got cancelled for Maymester. So here I am on vacation with no plans. I'd love to make plans, but Lil'babs doesn't get out of school til the 25th, so we are stuck here til then. I was considering taking her to San Antionio to visit Sea World during the last week of May, but her Dad said something about wanting to take her this summer.

He is the type that always has these big plans that never happen. Do you know the type? I have heard about this Sea World trip from him 2 summers ago. It fell thru. Will this one happen? I am gonna double check with him this weekend to be sure. I am not sure what else we can do vacation wise on a limited budget.

We have our big stuff planned for July. A trip to Iowa to visit my dad, a trip to go toobing down the river (I hope, it is not set in stone and it would be without Lil'babs), and a trip to the Texas coast. I have been looking at beach umbrellas. I may be able to borrow my moms patio umbrella. My dad said when I am up visiting I can get his beach umbrella holder. It digs into the sand and holds the umbrella (hence the name). This works out great because if I am gonna be on the beach all day I gotta have shade! So I am gonna have the beach umbrella, chairs, cooler, bucket and shovel, towels ...wait... I gotta carry all of that crap. Maybe I need to pack a wagon or something...lol!

So....I was having this conversation with my xboyfriend (we are still good friends) about vacations. ( Sidenote: 2 Christmases ago we didn't exchange presents. We decided instead to use that money and we would take a trip to Cancun in the spring. Well that never happened because he never had the money to go. We broke up before this last Christmas. ) Getting on with the conversation... he says he is getting a big bonus check soon and wants to go to Cancun and wants to know if I am interested. I tell him I don't have the money. He says he feels bad for not having the money to go back then and will pay my way now. I asked him don't you think that would be a bit awkward. He said I dunno. And I just left it at that. On one hand I would love to go because I am dying for a vacation and hell he is paying for it. But on the other hand I don't want to lead him on or into thinking that there may still be something. I haven't said anything since and he hasn't either.

We talk almost everyday. I asked him last night if he thought we would still talk this often if one of us started dating someone. He said probably not as much. He said he hoped that whoever we moved on with would understand that we will always be friends. I said me too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home