My Sweet and Twisted Life

“Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.” ~Albert Einstein

Friday, April 21, 2006

3 weeks and counting.....

I have 3 weeks left until the semester from hell is over. Every weekend my life has basically consisted of homework. It will be no different this weekend. I have 4 classes that require a end of the semester portfoilio notebook. This is a notebook that consists of the entire semester's work and you have to reflect on everything. Basically it is like pulling BS out of your butt and talking about it. I suck at that. I am usually direct and to the point so I have problems elaborately.

Anyhoo, I have had a couple of friends ask how my love life is going. Love life? What's that? I don't have time for one right now. I wouldn't mind going on a date, but finding the time for one is hard. A girlfriend of mine's boyfriend has 2 male friends that I see everytime I go over to their house. Both have told my GF that they are interested in me. I told her to tell them I don't have time right now, which is the truth. I did forget to add that one is too ugly (is that mean?) and one is too short. Although, it was very flattering.

I am headed over to a friends house right now. She got married last summer to my best male friend from high school. I set them up 3 years ago. She is pregnant and will be induced on Tuesday. Seems like everyone around me is pregnant. Even Lil'babs keeps asking me when will I have another baby. She wants a brother and wants to name him Jose, which I thought was so funny.

Well I hope to go out dancing Sat. night with friends (depends on if I can get my homework done in time). I haven't been out dancing since Nov. I love to go out dancing, but at my age everyone I know are a bunch of fuddy duddy's that want to stay home with their spouse and do nothing. I need some more single friends to go do stuff with!!

OK, so this post was a bunch of ramblings, no specific point, eh?

5 Comments:

At 2:27 PM, Blogger Liz said...

Oh yeah, MM keeps asking me when I'm getting married and when I'm going to have another baby. She wants a baby and that's that!! Poor kid, she's got a LONG wait ahead of her for any of that, if ever at all.

 
At 10:36 PM, Blogger ~Babs said...

It's so funny how much our kiddos are alike. Lil'babs has noticed that everyone we know with kids has at least two of them. So, she wants to know why she is an only. We need to make our two long distance sisters, hahaha! I'd bet they would get along like two peas in a pod!

 
At 7:32 PM, Blogger snowelf said...

That is so cute about your girls!!

Hang in there Babs! It's almost over!! I can't even imagine how insane you must be feeling right now, but it will all be over soon!!

I have no single mom friends, or single friends, period, (besides all of you :) ) and we all def. live too far apart!! :(

(And no, it's not too mean to say "ugly". If a guy doesn't do it for you, he just doesn't.)

sending you cyber-chocolates!

And it's all about sliding into home plate now!

--snow :)

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger TuxBaby said...

I hear ya, Babs! I can't wait til school is done, too! And I'm not even an actual student!

Hang in there!

And about the baby thing- you girls wallow in the 'only' world and realize that at least you don't have to referree the way I do, with 2 kids!!!

~TuxB

 
At 10:45 PM, Blogger Liz said...

I think our girls would definitely get along very well. The Puerto Rico apartment is gone :-( but you can visit us in Florida any time! The girls would have a blast!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home